January 25, 2011

Vegan Vietnamese Pho'





I was craving for some Vietnamese Pho' for quite some time now. I wasn't sure how to make it Vegan style. It was my first time experimenting and I was brainstorming on ingredients used in making the dish. I added a little extra ingredients, that may make the broth a little bit more flavorful! I roamed the aisles of Whole Foods and found a Vegan chow mein style noodle (O'Hana brand). And I went from there, it turned out very light and delicious!


Ingredients:
Vegan chow mein style noodles (O'Hana Brand)
Vegetable low sodium broth
Chayote squash
Quoron chicken tenders
Organic fresh mint
Fresh Thai basil
Sea salt & Fresh ground pepper to taste

Ingredients for garnishment:
Organic fresh cilantro
Green onions
Sliced white onions
Fresh sliced jalapenos
Lime

Directions for Pho':
Boil vegetable broth
Add sliced/diced chayote squash and quoron chicken cutlets (simmer til' cook)
Add mint and basil (season with salt/pepper to taste, to your liking)
Add vegan chow mein style noodles
Ready to eat!
Garnish and squeeze some lime

Note: You may want to keep trying the soup to season to your liking! I like mines spicy, so once the Pho' is cooked, I put a slice of jalapeno in it.. to give it that extra kick :)