February 13, 2011

Vegan Turkey Tacos


After a LONG day with my kids and working out, I was starved! I didn't feel like cooking something that was time consuming. I decided to make turkey tacos, something quick and easy! I usually make tacos with vegan beef grounds, never with turkey. I enjoyed it more with turkey grounds, it was very delicious, yet nutritious. We are very festive, so I put them on some Valentine's day plates.

Happy Valentine's Day!!! =)

Ingredients:
Vegan turkey grounds (Yves brand)
Butter lettuce
Mozzarella Shreds (Daiya brand)
Pico de gallo (chopped roma tomatoes, chopped cilantro, minced jalapenos, minced garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, fresh ground pepper & garlic powder)
White corn taco shells (Heat oven to 325 degrees, cook for 5 mins. til' crispy)

Directions:
Heat pan with oil
Saute turkey grounds til' cooked
Add sea salt, fresh ground pepper & garlic powder to taste
Once cooked, take off stove
Stuff tacos shells with turkey grounds, shredded butter lettuce, mozzarella and pico de gallo
I topped mines with avocado salsa

Avocado salsa:
1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1 fresh jalapeno, cut in quarters
1 cup water
1 tbsp white vinegar
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
2 tbsp onion, diced

Directions for avocado salsa:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree

Very quick and simple meal, under 30 mins!