January 14, 2011

Vegan Turkey Chili & Vegetarian Flatbread Rounds

I've been craving vegan chili, but never made it with turkey grounds. It was on my dinner menu for January 2nd. But somehow found myself making something else the past couple nights. I finally made it last night, and it turned out better that I expected! I forgot to grab some crackers at the store, but had some Kontos vegetarian flatbreads in the fridge. I used my imagination, and decided to make some cracker like crisps to accommodate the chili. It was a clever and wonderful idea! :)))





Ingredients:
Vegan turkey grounds (Yves brand)
Vegetarian beans
Cheddar cheese shreds and Green onions
2- 8oz. cans of tomato sauce
Chili seasoning Packet

Directions:
Follow directions on Chili seasoning packet!
And top with shredded cheese & green onions




Ingredients:
Vegetarian flatbread (Kontos brand)
Organic Vegan butter
Vegan parmesan (Galaxy brand)
Parsley flakes
Garlic powder
Fresh ground sea salt
Fresh ground pepper

Directions:
Butter all flatbread then season with all seasonings listed. Then top with shredded parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 degrees, for about 20 mins.

Enjoy! :)